County offers sand, bags for erosion control in rains
With rain in the forecast, free sand and bags are available at several locations in the unincorporated area. They are at:
Cal Fire Mount Woodson Station, 16310 Highway 67, Ramona; 1587 Highway 78, Julian; 28205 N. Lake Wohlford Rd., Valley Center; 16971 Hwy 76, Valley Center; 1364 Tavern Road, Alpine; North County Fire Protection, Station Four, 4375 Pala Mesa Drive, Fallbrook; and Dulzura Fire Station, 17304 Highway 94, Dulzura.
While the sand and bags are provided free of charge, residents are asked to provide their own shovels to load the sand.
Meanwhile, County road crews continue clearing and maintaining culverts and storm drains as well as other flood control systems.
Notice of any county road closures will be posted on the Department of Public Works web site at www.sdcounty.ca.gov/dpw/roads/roadclose.html.
- County offers voters online tool before Nov. 4 election
- Sandbags available at Cal Fire station
- Baseball clinic for ages 8 to 14 offers early registration
- LAFCO activates regional fire authority
- Emergency crews on alert this week
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2722