Health department issues boil water order for Rancho Santa Teresa
San Diego County Department of Environmental Health (DEH) issued a boil water order and public notification for the Rancho Santa Teresa Mutual Water Company at 25056 Oakana Road east of Ramona town center yesterday aftenoon. This water system is not part of the Ramona Municipal Water District.
The drinking water system has tested present for total coliform bacteria and absent for E. coli, the county reported. Total coliform bacteria can come from soils and other sources in the environment and can indicate a problem with the water supply system. The order will remain in effect until the distribution system has been disinfected and additional samples confirm the absence of bacteria in the water supply.
- State set to limit water deliveries in 2009
- Water board waives fire rules in disasters
- Voters unseat 5 on planning group and 2 on water board
- 25 Bulldog girls try out for water polo on first day
- Ramona schools closed Monday, Tuesday; water district, county offices closed Veterans Day
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=3142