Arson suspected in house explosion
Authorities continue to work on the cause of a house explosion and fire in the Mt. Woodson community that killed a Ramona man on Oct. 31, and believe it was arson, sheriff’s homicide Lt. Dennis Brugos said on Monday.
The explosion at 16421 N. Woodson Drive jolted neighbors out of their beds at 1:30 a.m. and killed Joseph Wayel Nesheiwat, 24, whose body was found in the backyard.
Nesheiwat worked at Stars gas station for seven years. Jim Kurtenbach, owner of Stars, also owns the home that was destroyed in the explosion and fire. He told authorities after the fire that no one should have been in the house, which was vacant.
- House explosion kills 24-year-old
- Man dies in house fire in west Ramona
- Jury selection starts Monday in Keith Turner’s murder trial
- A look back from the outside
- Water board waives fire rules in disasters
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2301