Man dies in house fire in west Ramona
Officials are investigating the cause of an explosion that killed a man and destroyed the two-story, 4,000-square-foot home at 16421 N. Woodson Drive, Cal Fire Capt. Nick Schuler reported this morning. The deceased man was found in the backyard of the home, said Schuler.
“We know it was a significant explosion to blow the garage door off the house and into the street, but was caused that, sheriff’s investigators are looking into that,” said Schuler.
The fire call came at 1:30 a.m. Ramona residents as far away as the 2400 block of Main Street reported hearing the explosion.
- Witch Fire: One family, one year later
- Water board waives fire rules in disasters
- Fire prevention, disaster priorities
- Public airs concern at PUC fire hearing
- Lawyers host fire anniversary barbecue
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=3375