Four tips to empowerment
We all face hardships at some point in our lives. Some of us own responsibility and get on with our lives while most of us blame others.
When you own responsibility for yourself, you empower yourself. You are the cause and your life experiences are the results in your life. You determine the direction of your life. You are in control of your life.
If you are not able to explain why your life is as it is, you are probably giving your power away to someone else. Are you?
Most of us tend to blame something else or someone else or our fate for all bad experiences in our life such as abusive childhood, loss of a loved one or broken relationships. When you are not in control of yourself or your life, that means you are powerless. Blaming is a disempowering emotion.
If you think by blaming others for your life you are getting away from problems, you are completely wrong. Your life problems would stay the same and recur again and again as long as you make someone else responsible for your life. You give others power to control you and your life. So your life problems would tend to stay the way they are until you take back your power and claim full responsibility for your emotions, actions and life as a whole.
True empowerment is taking responsibility for your life so that you are free to do whatever you want to do and be anything you choose to be.
Here are four tips to empower you:
1. Make your own choices. Life is full of choices and you have the freedom to choose. You learn only through trial and error. Be bold and accept the outcome of your decisions. If your choice is correct, be happy. If not, do not blame yourself or others. Instead, analyze where you went wrong and correct yourself. The next time around, you may be able to make the right choices.
2. Practice deep breathing. If you make it a habit to practice deep breathing throughout the day, you would have clarity in your thoughts. You feel more relaxed to think clearly and make good judgments of your situations.
3. Feel grateful. Gratitude is something we never show for many things we enjoy in our life. Instead of cursing your problems, look around you and realize how blessed you are to have nature bestow you good health, sunshine, food, good relationships, fresh air, etc. When you feel grateful for these things, you are convinced that life is not bad at all.
4. Develop mental awareness. Observe your thoughts. Are they good or bad? Are they positive or negative? If your thoughts are positive, it is good. You could act on them with positive results. What if you have negative thoughts? You could still control them if you are aware of them. Empower yourself by being aware of your good and bad thoughts.
When you deal with your own pains and pleasures, you are the controller of your life. Just know that no one else could take away your power to control your life and events because you are the master of your destiny.
Steve, a Ramona resident, may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org for comments or questions.
- Last-minute tips to prepare for next disaster
- 5 techniques to realize your goals
- Teacher nominated for middle school Educator of the Year
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2989